Backend Software Engineer
If you want to participate in developing the information system for future public transport, this is the job for you! LTG Sweden AB offers an exciting work with varied tasks in cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer for design, develop, delivery and support of our software suite to the public transport industry (bus and rail). You will be a part of our Technology Development Center for software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end, server-to-server and units communication to the server
- Design, implement and maintain responsive, fast and scalable server applications, web services and APIs used by front-end
- Work collaboratively with key business stakeholders to specify, design, develop and maintain software products
- Identify areas of improvement in both new designs and bug fixes/refactoring opportunities
- Collaborate with front-end developers
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Proven work experience as a Backend developer
- Strong skills in Java, Python, Bash-scripts, SQL-database, RESTful API
- Experience in Software Development in Agile development sprint planning, backlog grooming, and task allocation
- Strong knowledge of backend development tools and programming languages
- Experience developing scalable and server applications for IoT devices handling large amount of incoming data.
- Hands on knowledge about Apache Kafka, MQTT and data driven architecture
- Experience of framework like Play Framework and Hibernate
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Comfortable with Linux as development and production environment
- Experience in servers hosting, deployment and monitoring
- Experience in Amazon AWS or equivalent
- Development of automated unit test.
This is you
- Willing and eager to learn new things to improve yourself and the team
- A proactive person with “Can do” attitude who identifies, plans and executes what needs to be improved
- A strong eye for detail
- Team player with good social and communication skills.
Business trips might occur.
This is us
- LTG Sweden AB is a part of Luminator Technology Group with its head office in Dallas.
- Net sales amounts to around MSEK 350 with a good profit margin. As a group Luminator has a turnover of approx. MU$D 300.
- Luminator works with public transport and aerospace.
- In Europe, the Luminator companies in Rastatt and Ulm (Germany), Oberbüren (Switzerland) and Herrljunga (Sweden) work closely together.
- LTG Sweden is a well-established company, situated right next to the railway station in Herrljunga.
- The company develops and sells advanced passenger information systems to public transport and our products can be found on buses, trams and trains all over the world. What is not visible to the passengers are our back-office tools which are advanced software for programming and distribution of contents to our destination signs and information screens.
If you are interested in the position and have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Patrik Nilsson, phone: 0513-229 46.