Unit Software Engineer
Luminator is a leading innovator in the design and manufacturing of communications and lighting products in public transport industry for more than 90 years. We are continuing to build our team by adding a Unit Software Engineer to our Software Technology Development Centre in Herrljunga.
If you want to participate in developing the information system for future public transport, this is the job for you! LTG Sweden AB offers an exciting work with varied tasks in cutting- edge technology.
We are looking for an experienced Unit Software Engineer for design, develop, delivery and support of our software suite to the public transport industry (bus and rail). You will be a part of our Technology Development Center for software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary focus will be development of standard, modular unit applications running on passenger information units.
- Develop and improve standard software unit application modules like communication (for example ITxPT or VDV301), graphic rendering, diagnostic, remote update etc
- Do software integration of new application modules, interfaces and configurations
- Internal consultancy for about potential new software modules
- Create and maintain documentation of standard software module
- Work collaboratively with key business stakeholders to specify, design, develop and maintain software products
- Identify areas of improvement in both new designs and bug fixes/refactoring opportunities
- Collaborate with back-end developers
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Proven work experience as a Unit Software developer
- Strong skills in C/C++, C#, Python
- Experience in communication using MQTT, HTTP, SSH, or equivalent.
- Experience in mark-up language like XML, JSON or equivalent
- Experience in Software Development in Agile development sprint planning, backlog grooming, and task allocation
- Minimum BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Comfortable with Linux as development environment
- Development of automated unit test
This is you
- Willing and eager to learn new things to improve yourself and the team
- A proactive person with “Can do” attitude who identifies, plans and executes what needs to be improved
- A strong eye for detail
- Team player with good social and communication skills
Business trips might occur.
This is us
- LTG Sweden AB is a part of Luminator Technology Group with its head office in Dallas.
- Net sales amounts to around MSEK 350 with a good profit margin. As a group Luminator has a turnover of approx. MU$D 300.
- Luminator works with public transport and aerospace.
- In Europe, the Luminator companies in Rastatt and Ulm (Germany), Oberbüren (Switzerland) and Herrljunga (Sweden) work closely together.
- LTG Sweden is a well-established company, situated right next to the railway station in Herrljunga.
- The company develops and sells advanced passenger information systems to public transport and our products can be found on buses, trams and trains all over the world. What is not visible to the passengers are our back-office tools which are advanced software for programming and distribution of contents to our destination signs and information screens.
If you are interested in the position and have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Patrik Nilsson, phone: 0513-229 46.